Vacancies at Pendle Support
Are you looking for a rewarding career helping others to live their lives to their full potential? Are you looking to make a real difference to others? Then perhaps a job as a support worker is for you..
Here at Pendle Support, we are always looking for the right people to join our team of dedicated, caring, support staff.
If you are able to work well on your own, and you’re looking for a career where you can combine flexible working hours with making a real difference to the lives of others then we would love to hear from you.
Ideally experience is preferred, but not necessary – the right attitude and ability to learn is more important, being a good carer requires many skills.
If you have a full UK driving licence and you would like to find out more about our current vacancies and opportunities then please contact us:
Support workers at Pendle Support are expected to help with domestic tasks, personal care (i.e. dressing, bathing), medication prompts and general help such as assisting with shopping etc. We often get involved in activities such as gardening, dance classes, cooking and you will be expected to participate in these.
We offer full training to NVQ2 in Health and Social Care and the Care Certificate as well as other mandatory training. All applicants will be expected to apply for an Enhanced DBS check.
Our service covers Burnley, Pendle, Hyndburn and Rossendale and we aim to keep support workers in their locality where possible.
Areas we Cover
- Work well on your own
- Can work flexible hours
- Willingness to learn
- Caring & Compassionate
- Full UK Driving Licence
All support and personal care must be delivered at all times in a way which relates to the creation and maintenance of a safe environment ensuring that privacy, choice, dignity, fulfillment, independence and rights are fulfilled.
- Take part in helping people draw up their Person Centred Plan and follow this agreed plan / Care Plan
- Support people to develop and maintain relationships, as identified within that persons plan
- Support people to make informed choices around a healthy lifestyle
- Support people to meet their leisure, work , social, emotional and spiritual needs
- Provide support with accessing the community in accordance with their wishes and inline with the agreed plan.
- Support people with managing their finances to meet domestic responsibilities and personal aspirations
- Provide advice and support on domestic tasks
- Support people to access other services
- Support people to maintain the safety and security of their home.
This may include assistance in any or all of the following areas but is not limited to:
- Oral Hygiene
- Administering Medication
- Support with continence needs
- Support with Health needs
- Undertaking household tasks