Your rights as a service user
At Pendle Support & Care Services we take Service Users’ Rights VERY seriously. We believe every person deserves to be treated with respect and dignity, no matter what. Here is a list of what rights our clients are entitled to:
- The right to invite whoever you choose into your home.
- The right to independence.
- The right to have your dignity respected and to be treated as an individual.
- The right to receive an anti-discriminatory service which is responsive to your race, religion, culture, language, gender, sexuality, disability and age.
- The right to personal privacy at all times.
- The right to take personal responsibility for your own actions and expect all staff to accept that a degree of risk is involved.
- The right of access to your own personal records and information relating to decisions made with all staff that affect your life, and where necessary to be assisted with this.
- The right of access to other agencies of your choice e.g. doctor, optician, chiropodist etc., and where necessary to be assisted with this.
- The right to access a formal complaints procedure and to be represented by a friend, relative or adviser if necessary.
- The right to be called by the name of your choice.
- The right to care for yourself as far as you are able.
- The right to make personal life choices such as what food you eat and what time you get up and go to bed.